Home Brewing Recipe: Scottish Ale (extract)
Recipe Type: Scottish Ale
OG hits around 1.054 and FG should be around 1.015 giving you a 5.1% beer. It comes in around 16.6 IBU’s and is medium brown in color. This is an Arizona Four peaks Kilt lifter clone and does a good job of it though side by side there is still a difference. I found this clone a while back and made a few changes.
- • 6 lbs Plain light Briess DME
- • 1 lbs crystal 80 grains
- .5 lbs Light Munic
- .5 lbs Vienna
- .5 lbs Carapil
- .3 lbs Caramunich
- Edinburgh Scottish Ale Yeast
- 1 Oz Kent Golding 40 min
- .5 Oz Fuggle 10 min
- Steep specialty grains for 25 min at 155F. Bring to a boil and add DME. Add the Kent Golding at 40 min left and the Fuggle at 10 min left. Cool, and pitch the yeast.
- Ferment until satisfied or complete, Mine took 12 days to reach the FG. Bottle/keg Enjoy
Read a review of this beer here: Home Brewed Scottish Ale Review